From 24 to 26 March, the EU Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (EU GCCA+) is proud to foster South-South cooperation, as Kigali (Rwanda) welcomes a delegation from Cotonou (Benin) for a 3-days cross-visit aiming to share Rwanda’s successful experience in addressing climate change, and promoting sustainable solutions into local planning through the Kigali Masterplan 2050.
Initiated by the municipality of Cotonou in its ambition to transform the city into one of the most resilient and sustainable in Africa and organised by EU GCCA+ this visit will tackle key themes linked to sustainable cities and the integration of national policies into local planning strategies.
Participants will hear about the Rwanda Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) and the new environmental policy, waste management, integration into local planning of Green House Gas (GHG) emissions from the transportation sector and sustainable energy, the Rwanda Green Fund, as well as the overall decentralization approaches and innovative methodologies adopted that have allowed Kigali to be equipped with a sustainable and citizen-centered Masterplan 2050.
#EUGCCAPlus #SouthSouthCooperation #ClimateChange #NDC #Sustainability #sustainablecities #ResilientCities #ClimateAction #CityofKigali #Cotonou
@CityofKigali @villedecotonou @Rema_Rwanda @Cooperation_Rwanda @EnvironmentRw @RwandaInfra @rtda_rwanda @GreenFundRw @EUinBenin @EUinRw
- Pudence RUBINGISA - Mayor, City of Kigali
- Solange MUHIRWA - Chief of Urban Planning, City of Kigali
- Patricie MUKANGARAMBE - Director of Public Health and Environment, City of Kigali
- Florian MUGABO - Division Manager, Rwanda Green Fund (FONERWA)
- Felix GAKUBA - Managing director, Ministry of Infrastructure, REG, EDCL (MINFRA)
- Uwera RUTAGARAMA - Director in charge of off-grid and alternative energies, Ministry of Infrastructure, REG, EDCL (MINFRA)
- Marshall BANAWANA - Director general for Environment and Climate Change, Ministry of Environment (MoE)
- Herman HAKUZIMANA - Climate Change adaptation and mitigation specialist, Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA)
- Cyprien NDAYISABA - Environment specialist, Rwanda Transport Development Agency (RTDA)