GCCA's action programme
Initial GCCA/GCCA+ contribution
The programme aims to strengthen the capacity of the National Climate Change Committee (NCCC) to fulfil its mandate to address climate change, and to enable line ministries and civil society organisations to implement priority climate change actions.
The Cambodia Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) set up with GCCA support constitutes a unified engagement point for development partners, and a multi-donor financial facility to provide resources for climate change capacity building at national and local government level. It also offers a mechanism for knowledge sharing and learning about climate change which extends beyond the government to civil society and the broader community.
Result 1: A clear governance and accountability framework is functional for the climate change response at
national and sub-national levels
Result 2: Domestic and external finance effectively oriented in support of climate resilient, and low carbon
Result 3: Human and technological capacities to support climate change response are strengthened
Result 1 :
- Mainstream climate change issues into related core legislation;
- Define the appropriate levels of intervention for various types of climate change activities under
decentralization & deconcentration framework;
- Develop systems and guidelines to ensure climate change mainstreaming in planning & budgeting
- Consolidate piloted tools for initiation of an official dialogue with particular ministries/agencies to
include successful practices in standard procedures;
- Establish M&E systems at national, sector and sub-national levels.
Result 2 :
- Establish partnership and donor coordination mechanisms on climate change;
- Embed climate change financial expertise at national level, notably within the GSSD/NCSD,
through designation of a focal point for institutions, civil society, and the private sector;
- Support to the accreditation process of a National Implementing Entity for the Adaptation Fund
and the Green Climate Fund;
- Establish and maintain a dialogue on potential measures and incentives to create a favorable
environment for private sector investment;
- Support improved tagging of climate change expenditure in the ODA database and sub-national
budgets, and regular monitoring reports on climate expenditure.
Result 3 :
- Establish standards for climate change education and awareness;
- Establish quality assurance mechanism for climate change related information products;
- Provide grants to test innovative technologies and approaches in the Cambodian context;
- Strategically support the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports and selected universities to help
put in place sustainable structures to develop human capital;
- Finalize & implement Knowledge Management Information System.